Soon to be a GP1 owner... #0965

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
niekcarfreak

Re: Soon to be a GP1 owner... #0965

Post by niekcarfreak »

Last week I got back my GP1 after 4 weeks.
The biggetst new parts car got:
New Compressor
Suspensions arms front
Multibelt wirh rolls and tensioner
Sparkplugs
All fresh fluids
Clutch and flywheel
Brake pads behind
Bilstein B14 Suspension coiloverset with aligment
Waterpump
And some seals and other small things
It drives like a new car now.

GP0965

Post by GP0965 »

niekcarfreak wrote:
Sun Jun 28 2020 - 10:53 pm
Last week I got back my GP1 after 4 weeks.
The biggetst new parts car got:
New Compressor
Suspensions arms front
Multibelt wirh rolls and tensioner
Sparkplugs
All fresh fluids
Clutch and flywheel
Brake pads behind
Bilstein B14 Suspension coiloverset with aligment
Waterpump
And some seals and other small things
It drives like a new car now.

That's great, I can imagine that's like having a new car. From now on its just fun 😉👍

niekcarfreak

Post by niekcarfreak »

I hope so ;)

GP0965

Post by GP0965 »

Hello everyone,

Update time...

Last saturday i finally collected my GP1, the overheating problem was sorted out, the head was rectified, new head gasket, new intake, new exhaust manifold, new thermostat, new temperature sensor and new radiator. She runs fine but i noticed like a rubbing noise when i turn in full lock and move the car slowly, something to investigate :roll:

dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown »

Schweet. Check for loose trim in the wheel arches. Also looks like your bumper might be slightly misaligned by tiny bit to the left (looking at 1st picture), looks like a daunting job - but not actually that bad, I can get the bumper removed in about 20mins now. Fiddly captive 10mm bolts under the front lip, one at the top either side, couple of torx at the front, disconnect headlights etc. The aluminium crumple plate at the front is held on by 5 bolts either side iirc. You'll see a locating spacer held on by a 10mm bolt either side (iirc it's painted body colour), loosen them ever so slightly and nudge them up and to the right about the same as the overhang between the bonnet and the bumper. Tighten up and re-fit the alloy bash plate/bumper hanger and re-assemble. Sounds like a PITA, but if you're like me it will annoy you once you've spotted it ;-)
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

GP0965

Post by GP0965 »

dwbrown wrote:
Tue Jul 21 2020 - 4:31 pm
Schweet. Check for loose trim in the wheel arches. Also looks like your bumper might be slightly misaligned by tiny bit to the left (looking at 1st picture), looks like a daunting job - but not actually that bad, I can get the bumper removed in about 20mins now. Fiddly captive 10mm bolts under the front lip, one at the top either side, couple of torx at the front, disconnect headlights etc. The aluminium crumple plate at the front is held on by 5 bolts either side iirc. You'll see a locating spacer held on by a 10mm bolt either side (iirc it's painted body colour), loosen them ever so slightly and nudge them up and to the right about the same as the overhang between the bonnet and the bumper. Tighten up and re-fit the alloy bash plate/bumper hanger and re-assemble. Sounds like a PITA, but if you're like me it will annoy you once you've spotted it ;-)
Thanks man. Yeah, you're right :shock: I didn't noticed. You have eagle eyes :D .
I'll take care of that, I already did many times on my old r50. The procedure should be the same.
Concerning the rubbing noise, I made some research and I think it's the LSD, a simple oil change should fix that.

dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown »

;-) Enjoy !!
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"