Hello from a new GP1 owner in Kent

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
DeeYoo

Hello from a new GP1 owner in Kent

Post by DeeYoo »

Hi Everyone - I’m delighted to join the ranks of GP1 owners and was wondering if there is anyone on this forum based in the South East?

I’ve owner a Cooper S for a few years now and that’s enough to fall in love with the R53 in general. Between me and two of my local Miniacs we now own eight minis between us.

I’m sad to read that the use of this forum (and car forums generally) is on the decline. I totally agree with most comments here, that you can’t beat the forums for finding essential advice and facts. I guess its a catch 22 thing - people don’t ask so answers don’t get posted.

So in the spirit of keeping this going :

Can anyone recommend where to get my GP serviced? I’d rather go where the garage has some experience of our special babies.

I’m in Kent very near the M25 and I’ll happily travel into Essex, South-East London, Surrey or Sussex

Thanks folk.

DeeYoo
niekcarfreak

Re: Hello from a new GP1 owner in Kent

Post by niekcarfreak »

Congrats with your GP! :)
I live in Holland, so I have no experience with Mini Service in the UK.
Openscape

Post by Openscape »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on purchasing your GP, they are addictive.

I live in the North East so can't recommend anyone in your patch. I use a company set up by 2 ex BMW MINI guys who live and breathe them. Choose carefully and ask around for recommendations.👍
GP0965

Post by GP0965 »

Hello 👋
Welcome to the forum. 🤗
Sorry, I can't help you on that. I'm from France, a little bit far from yours 😅
dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown »

Ar'noon, soz, been busy with work....

1320 Mini are renown for tuning our wee beasties - they offer servicing and are well trusted - https://www.1320.co.uk/generation-1 Maybe a bit too far - but I use them and I'm in rural Oxfordshire ! (Sometimes you have to be persistent on the phone - there's only Scott and Thomas in the shop and they're always busy!)

http://www.sussexroadandrace.co.uk/services.html are in Littlehampton and I've never heard a bad word, but not used them.
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"
DeeYoo

Post by DeeYoo »

Great to meet you guys.

Thanks for all of your inputs. I’ve decided to give the local BMW M dealer the benefit of the doubt. I quizzed him on the plugs they would fit and he passed the test - NGK BKR7EQUP (please correct me if I’ve been misinformed).

I will get their stamp in the book, then take it to 1320 in the future.

Thanks again

DeeYoo
dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown »

If standard then NGK BKR7EQUP are the defacto standard OEM plug. If running a pulley or mods then you would run better with NGK BCR8ES.
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"
DeeYoo

Post by DeeYoo »

Thanks Brownz,

I’m stock standard .... for now. Got a decision to make there, as I intend to drive my new baby as she was intended.

😈