Forum Closure - Oct 10th 2018

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
dwbrown
Site Admin

Forum Closure - Oct 10th 2018

Post by dwbrown » Thu Oct 04 2018 - 1:43 pm

Hi Gang,

We have no more funds (I know that feeling, the last invoice from the hosting company hitting my own bank account actually put me overdrawn !), so we shall be waving the forum off into the digital sunset come October 10th.

It's been fun.

I tried.

A huge thanks for all that supported my efforts to keep it going.

To all those that screamed and shouted that they wanted a new forum when the original was killed of by it's over zealous owner, and then never used it.... also thanks - but of a different kind ;-)

If you do want to keep this resource alive and well - £8.40 gets a months worth of hosting.

See the Paypal section at the bottom of the main page or donate to admin@gpoc.co.uk

Cheers - Dave.B
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

elgassi

Re: Forum Closure - Oct 10th 2018

Post by elgassi » Thu Oct 04 2018 - 3:42 pm

Dave as with many of the older car type forums, fb, twitter and other social media sites have taken over and killed so many off
I have noticed over the last week or so since I joined the lack of posts, the site is dead, don't waste your own money any more

well done for all your efforts

D J

Post by D J » Sat Oct 06 2018 - 1:31 pm

I have to say i bought my mini gp this year thinking it would be a very active scene like the ford rs i came from but im shocked how dead it is. Well done in your efforts to keep it going but i think donating a few pounds is only delaying the inevitable which is sad. Times are changing and i dont like it. All the best to gp owners.

Louisvdd76

Post by Louisvdd76 » Sun Oct 07 2018 - 9:16 pm

Serious... this is sad. Not even a MINI dealer or importer who can support this?

I made my own topic of my GP0953.
Do you still have. Download of the forum? What is we find a section on another forum where we can put this? Work together with MINI Torque?

Louisvdd76

Post by Louisvdd76 » Sun Oct 07 2018 - 9:20 pm

I just transfer via PayPal £16.80 to you!

dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown » Thu Oct 11 2018 - 3:32 pm

A stay of execution has been served. We have another 2 months courtesy of the very kind Louis.

Please remember, a simple donation of £8.40 via paypal to admin@gpoc.co.uk will cover the hosting charge for this forum.

We don't insist that you pay a club subscription or anything like that, but if we do start receiving excess funds we can look at starting to re-offer things like Club T-Shirts, stickers, branded socks and pants, pens, keyrings etc etc like we used to do in the past.
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

marchutch

Post by marchutch » Thu Oct 11 2018 - 9:25 pm

Branded pants?? Why did no one say anything before! I’m in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk