Club funds....

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
dwbrown
Site Admin

Club funds....

Post by dwbrown » Sat Aug 11 2018 - 11:30 pm

As mentioned in the last club funds update at the bottom of the forum our PayPal balance is down to about three quid, the ISP that hosts us has just tried to collect and it's been refused. Unfortunately due to my financial situation I can't afford to keep funding it. So, if you want the forum to live on feel free to make a small donation to keep us alive in cyberspace. Link at the bottom of the forum. Cheers you lovely people.
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

ecosseGP1

Re: Club funds....

Post by ecosseGP1 » Sun Aug 12 2018 - 11:42 pm

I've donated £10. Other forums I've seen require a £10 pa subscription fee which is peanuts really & everyone makes an annual subscription like this, it would presumably fund the forum?

dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown » Tue Aug 14 2018 - 6:25 pm

Quite easily..... But I think the whole forum based club thing is losing traction. It's a shame as the old forum was fantastic and really busy with an absolute goldmine of information. When it closed there was uproar from far and wide, not just because the old admin wouldn't keep it going, but also because he wouldn't hand over the forum database to allow us to preserve the years of valuable posts and information, oh yeah, and he ran off with the club funds, which is theft in anyone's eyes. I recreated and hosted these forums from scratch to work as closely and replicate the old forum as best I could. Unfortunately most of the people that were upset at losing the forums, have since abandoned these forums, which hasn't helped things. Thanks to all who have donated. With out the footfall of the old forum, we don't stand a chance of rebuilding that knowledge base that attracted users. Without that knowledge base and daily user throughput new members will be put off by a lack of information hosted and posted. A bit of a no-win situation really.

ecosseGP1

Post by ecosseGP1 » Fri Aug 17 2018 - 12:50 am

Hope it picks up a bit. Forums like this are invaluable sources of information & knowledge exchange which, as the cars become older & even more scarce, makes it even more important.

Enzio

Post by Enzio » Fri Aug 17 2018 - 7:30 am

Although I agree and feel it a shame that the forum is slowly fading, David's comments are 100% true.
Many forums are dying due to less and less interest and usage - I have seen this on a number of the forums I belong to or just use for reference.

Seems to be a modern trend - I'm assuming because younger people don't want to possibly have to wait a day for the answer they are looking for....everything has to happen RIGHT NOW......

The sad reality is that social media is not a reference source for technical knowledge.
GP1325 and some other crap in the garage

marchutch

Post by marchutch » Fri Aug 24 2018 - 4:58 pm

Have sent over a little contribution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown » Fri Aug 24 2018 - 7:14 pm

Coolios !