Hello GP owners

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
elgassi

Hello GP owners

Post by elgassi » Thu Sep 20 2018 - 12:57 pm

Big Hello from Scotland
thought I'd pop in and read all about your stunning GP's
I've had a Classic Mini CS500 for 10 years now and a couple of years ago I managed to get a MK 2 FRS
Over the years I've had half a dozen Classic Mini's but never the new shape, so the search begins 8-)
I decided to go for a test drive in a 2017 Ltd Edt JCW Challenge at the weekend and although the car was great to drive, I Just couldn't get my head around the wishy washy colour :roll: how basic it was for a limited edition car (50 odd cars) :oops: and the asking price :o
so it's definitely not a Challenge for me, even the wife said it looked like a car for a girl :o

I've narrowed it down and decided it's a GP 1 for me 8-) so my next move is to find one and a have a drive or be a passenger in one :P

couple of pictures of my cars

dwbrown
Site Admin

Re: Hello GP owners

Post by dwbrown » Thu Sep 20 2018 - 2:26 pm

Nice one, plenty out there, it's just finding that one that makes you feel good !

As per any car lookout for paperwork, history, condition etc, there is a bit more or a guide further down the forum.

Hope to see pictures of the purchase soon !
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

elgassi

Post by elgassi » Thu Sep 20 2018 - 2:38 pm

cheers Dave

ecosseGP1

Post by ecosseGP1 » Thu Sep 20 2018 - 11:26 pm

Hi, whereabout in Scotland are you? I'm around Edinburgh & recently purchased a GP1 so if you're not far away, I'd be happy to take you a spin in mine & it would be a useful benchmark for anything you look at in terms of other GP1s.

The Mk2 FRS looks stunning.

Sean

elgassi

Post by elgassi » Fri Sep 21 2018 - 5:31 pm

Hi Sean
Thanks for the offer
I'm up in Perth, so not far from you really, maybe we could arrange a wee meet at the Bridges, down at the Hawes Inn car parks one Sat or Sunday that suited us both
The Rs is a lovely car, 28k miles in Performance Blue with a BBK upgrade, Mountune MR375, KW coilovers the Mountune upgrade takes the car to a different level from the standard 300bhp 8-)
The car is a thief magnet though, so I tend to keep it as a garage Queen most of the time :(

ecosseGP1

Post by ecosseGP1 » Mon Sep 24 2018 - 10:53 pm

Yes, sounds good. I can't do this coming weekend, but could maybe do the following Sun (7th Oct), weather permitting of course.

The FRS' do seem to be targets - garage not far from my work had a white one - I noticed it the 1st day it was there & then the next day it wasn't & I thought 'that was a quick sale!'. It wasn't - I later found out one of the mechanics told the sales guy not to leave it on the forecourt overnight, advice which he sadly ignored & the car was nicked on the 1st night!

elgassi

Post by elgassi » Tue Sep 25 2018 - 11:13 am

wow, that sounds about right sadly with the Rs, people are going on holiday, Birmingham seems to be a real no go area for leaving one unattended
no matter what alarms fitted, they seem to be able to overcome most very quickly, the key boosters are the real worry :evil:

Sun 7th is better for me...I'm in the middle of installing a kitchen and bathroom, so if I get stuck into that for the next week or so I'll have more time for cars :D
I'll PM you on the 3rd or 4th Oct to make sure everything's good and it's not pouring or snowing :o

ecosseGP1

Post by ecosseGP1 » Wed Sep 26 2018 - 2:52 pm

Great, hear from you then.

elgassi

Post by elgassi » Wed Sep 26 2018 - 6:04 pm

we should organise a Mini mini meet 8-)
see how many GP's we can get so I can have a real good look before I buy :roll:
mind you the way I'm looking I might have one before the 7th Oct :o

ecosseGP1

Post by ecosseGP1 » Fri Sep 28 2018 - 7:47 pm

:D That would be good! Not seen a GP2 up close so would be nice to see one. Good luck in the meantime.