Hello from a RS owner

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
IainRS

Hello from a RS owner

Post by IainRS » Fri Jun 16 2017 - 11:30 pm

Just a quick hello

Currently have a Ford Focus RS mk1 but the time has come to sell for something newer, rarer and special.

Looking forward to any help and information teguarding the GP minis

Thank you
Iain

radcheq

Re: Hello from a RS owner

Post by radcheq » Sat Jun 17 2017 - 8:19 am

Hello, I do like the mk1 RS but I don't think you will be disappointed with a GP. You won't be short on advice and expertise on here either. Let us know what info you're after. I've recently purchased a GP1 myself but also have a heavily modified R52 JCW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IainRS

Post by IainRS » Sat Jun 17 2017 - 3:31 pm

Hi..
Well I've been and test drive one today 19k miles one owner, full service history for £19800.
Does that sound about right?
It's was massively in need of a detail as it had a few deep scratches and the gp sticker on the bonnet was peeling off.

I just wondering about prices as it's seems it has lost 8k in two years due you think these will become appreciating cars as I'm looking for an investment for than a buy it, use it and sell it on in a couple of years.

Cheers

radcheq

Post by radcheq » Sat Jun 17 2017 - 3:36 pm

Presume we are talking GP2? There is a 19.5k mileage on a private sale for £17k at the moment and a nice looking one in Solihull on 23k miles for £16.9k. I would say £19k is steep for the mileage,there are plenty lower. In fact there are plenty of GP2's around at the moment so you can afford to be choosy. I think the residuals on GP2's are strong but only time will tell. There were less bought into the UK than GP1's but it doesn't have the benefit of the being the 1st (original)

IainRS

Post by IainRS » Sat Jun 17 2017 - 5:39 pm

Yes sorry it was a GP 2, I was thinking it was steep and wouldn't px for then mk1 focus rs.
It was a great little drive but in yoko spec 2's which aren't the best.
I may go and try a GP1 also to see how that drives and then make a decision from there

radcheq

Post by radcheq » Sat Jun 17 2017 - 6:15 pm

The GP2 is a great drive and a more capable track car out of the box than a GP1. Just different drives, I've always been a fan of the supercharger on gen 1's and they do drive more raw than the 2nd generation imo. Would definitely advise driving both. You will find it a lot easier to find a low mileage GP2 however.

Karlw11r50

Post by Karlw11r50 » Sun Jun 18 2017 - 3:05 pm

I enjoyed thrashing a GP2 around. They feel lovely and solid, are trimmed smartly, pull well, brake hard enough to smash your face - all this from factory. If you don't want to mod it, then GP2 is the way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

GP 1526
2003 Cooper Indi Blue W11 powered R50 track car (build in progress)
Instagram - karlw11r50
Twitter - @W11R50

LiamS77

Post by LiamS77 » Sun Jul 09 2017 - 9:30 pm

Hi, welcome

I think that price is a little steep, wait until summer some good gp's will be for sale

If you was after a car that doesn't depreciate too much, keep your mk1 focus or look at mk2's. A gen one GP is not too bad a bet either but im biased.