Hello from Newbury

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
radcheq

Hello from Newbury

Post by radcheq » Fri Jun 09 2017 - 3:54 pm

Hey all, not new to mini but have just taken ownership of a GP1 to park alongside my R52. Been on the lookout for a while and picked up a reasonably low mileage car which I know a lot about through the previous owner. Car isn't fully stock but close enough (kwv2 coilovers and 15% pulley), unfortunately the previous owner sold the suspension so at some point I will need to buy either new or used. Other than that really pleased with the condition of the car, would have liked lower mileage ( currently 40k) but they are getting harder to find these days. Shame I can't join you all in beaulieu this weekend will definitely get there next year. Pictures to follow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dwbrown
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Newbury

Post by dwbrown » Fri Jun 09 2017 - 4:30 pm

Just up the road from me in Didders. Plus my aunt and uncle live in Hermitage. Quite a little GP commune around this area !!
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

ColinC2

Post by ColinC2 » Thu Jun 15 2017 - 1:22 pm

Welcome. TBH 40k is pretty low for a 10 year old car and not many come up for sale at less miles.

Oh and what number do you have (for the register) ?
GP2 #1844
and a Mk7 Golf R ;)

Madmark

Post by Madmark » Thu Jun 15 2017 - 2:17 pm

radcheq wrote:Hey all, not new to mini but have just taken ownership of a GP1 to park alongside my R52. Been on the lookout for a while and picked up a reasonably low mileage car which I know a lot about through the previous owner. Car isn't fully stock but close enough (kwv2 coilovers and 15% pulley), unfortunately the previous owner sold the suspension so at some point I will need to buy either new or used. Other than that really pleased with the condition of the car, would have liked lower mileage ( currently 40k) but they are getting harder to find these days. Shame I can't join you all in beaulieu this weekend will definitely get there next year. Pictures to follow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Only in Cold Ash with my GP1 Look forward to seeing you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GP1 - Number 0764

radcheq

Post by radcheq » Thu Jun 15 2017 - 3:46 pm

I must admit I haven't seen many on lower mileage for sale and I couldn't wait Car number is 786 it does have quite a lot of visible history on line and mini torque. It was the car used by the guy doing the 12 cars piece on YouTube. Great to know there is another GP1 close by. I'm in wash common Matt. The jelly belly corporate GP1 no2 is also a Newbury car I believe.

radcheq

Post by radcheq » Thu Jun 15 2017 - 3:55 pm

radcheq wrote:I must admit I haven't seen many on lower mileage for sale and I couldn't wait Car number is 786 it does have quite a lot of visible history on line and mini torque. It was the car used by the guy doing the 12 cars piece on YouTube. Great to know there is another GP1 close by. I'm in wash common Matt. The jelly belly corporate GP1 no2 is also a Newbury car I believe.

Not sure where "Matt" came from Madmark too busy typing whilst on a work call

marchutch

Post by marchutch » Thu Jun 15 2017 - 10:22 pm

Don't worry he likes everyone calling him Matt

Madmark

Post by Madmark » Fri Jun 16 2017 - 5:53 am

marchutch wrote:Don't worry he likes everyone calling him Matt

:)

GP1 - Number 0764

carmaddave

Post by carmaddave » Sat Jun 17 2017 - 2:47 pm

Hi I'm just down the A4 in Reading, got my GP 1 earlier this year and really enjoying the car. Beaulieu was fun but has started me thinking of upgrades which I'm trying to resist as a slippery slope and management is ever watchful!

radcheq

Post by radcheq » Sat Jun 17 2017 - 3:30 pm

Nice sounds like there are 4 GP1 owners in a 20 mile radius. I was lucky enough to buy mine with the Kwv2 gp specific coilovers. It has a 15% pulley which won't do much really given was 11% already. Thinking of doing a couple of track days a year so just upgrading the discs,pads and fluid and car should be fine. I have a R52 jcw running 211whp (cat cam 550 injectors 1320 tune and 17 %pulley).I thought about swapping the parts over but I'd prefer not to mess around with the internals too much on the GP. Would be fun though I think there is around a 150kg weight difference between the gp and r52 due to the soft top strengthening etc