Hello

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
GP1069

Hello

Post by GP1069 » Tue May 16 2017 - 9:22 pm

GP1069 back on the forum, defenatly missed this after the old one shutdown. Good work Dave.

dwbrown
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by dwbrown » Wed May 17 2017 - 9:34 am

Welcome back. It's quiet. Lot's of people kicked up a fuss when the old forum went missing so this is the result I built from the ashes. Unfortunately the members funds and the years of data went missing along with the original owner. Disappointed that those who were so vocal in supporting the forums on facebook haven't used these at all. But hey ho. If things don't pick up soon I think I'll just jettison the whole idea and refund the generous donations we've had from a small minority. It's all a bit to cliquey for me sometimes.
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

TommyG

Post by TommyG » Wed May 17 2017 - 5:39 pm

I was never in the old forum so I'm not sure what happened to the old one. It's a shame that dedicated forums seem to be disappearing I was an active member on the clubman register until that eventually fizzled out. Does this forum have a Facebook page? They always seem a lot more active but they are not ideal because they lack the different sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown » Thu May 18 2017 - 10:55 am

There is a facebook page, and it can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/MINIGPOWNERSCLUB/.
Again - can get a bit cliquey, and suffers from the occasional drama queen style flounce and leave ;-)
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

TommyG

Post by TommyG » Thu May 18 2017 - 7:54 pm

Haha

TommyG

Post by TommyG » Thu May 18 2017 - 7:55 pm

I have sent a join request.

ColinC2

Post by ColinC2 » Fri May 19 2017 - 7:04 pm

dwbrown wrote:
Wed May 17 2017 - 9:34 am
Welcome back. It's quiet. Lot's of people kicked up a fuss when the old forum went missing so this is the result I built from the ashes. Unfortunately the members funds and the years of data went missing along with the original owner. Disappointed that those who were so vocal in supporting the forums on facebook haven't used these at all. But hey ho. If things don't pick up soon I think I'll just jettison the whole idea and refund the generous donations we've had from a small minority. It's all a bit to cliquey for me sometimes.
Dave - I think it takes time for a forum to gain momentum in the new world of social media apps. Before you give up perhaps we should meet up to see what else i could do to continue the forum even if it ends up taking time to be as active as before ?
GP2 #1844
and a Mk7 Golf R ;)

carmaddave

Post by carmaddave » Sun May 28 2017 - 11:33 am

What's the process for joining the Facebook forum, I've a request pending?

Forums in general seem to be less active than in the past the Subaru P1 forum has really dried up possibly because so many of the cars have been broken or written off so remaining numbers are low. I'm looking forward to Beaulieu, a short blast down from Reading.

LiamS77

Hello

Post by LiamS77 » Sun May 28 2017 - 4:27 pm

Normally just accept you. Im sure one of the admins will see this and accept you. If not PM me and i will get them to sort it out

marchutch

Hello

Post by marchutch » Sun May 28 2017 - 5:57 pm

One of the admins will send you a message to make sure that you meet the criteria to join the group (past, present or prospective owner of a GP1 or GP2). The person requesting to join needs to respond to the message or their request gets denied by default.

Sometimes it takes a while for messages to be sent out as we all do this on a voluntary basis and have busy lives.

If you post your Facebook name on here I'll make sure your request gets looked at asap.