GP2 being picked up tomorrow...hopefully.

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
TommyG

GP2 being picked up tomorrow...hopefully.

Post by TommyG » Wed May 10 2017 - 5:21 pm

Hi I'm Tommy or Tom, whichever you prefer I don't mind.
I'm not new to Mini my last car which I traded in was a FJCW clubman and mrs had a R56 copper which we traded in lat year for a Cooper S roadster. I loved the clubman but was ready for a change and it was the N14 and I'm sure I don't need to explain the problems that was always playing on my mind with that engine. Anyway...
I'm picking up my GP from Bowker Blackburn tomorrow I hope. It's been a long old road trying to get this car, I put a deposit on it almost a month ago and I've only seen the car in person for the first time today.
There was some personal family problems I had which was the first issues I ran into which caused some delays with paying etc etc but I won't get into that on here.
Then it arrived at Blackburn after it had been to prep and Rob who I'm dealing with was not happy with it at all so he sent it back to have the bumper and bonnet completely painted again, with the amount of bank holidays etc this took quite a while. So when it came back today he told me they had removed the decal around the scoop and not replaced it. He has ordered one and it will be fitted and ready for me to pick up tomorrow.
It is going to be my daily and I work at a cement factory so I think I'm going to be busy on my days off cleaning it.

I've got a few questions for you guys but I'll post them in the correct topics.

So I hope to meet up with some of you and attend various shows if I'm not on shift. I've taken my Clubman before to a few so I'm sure you will have seen me around and I will have seen some of you before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwbrown
Site Admin

Re: GP2 being picked up tomorrow...hopefully.

Post by dwbrown » Thu May 11 2017 - 2:12 pm

Cool. Enjoy !!
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

TommyG

Re: GP2 being picked up tomorrow...hopefully.

Post by TommyG » Thu May 11 2017 - 11:20 pm

Picked it up today. A few issues that I'm not 100% happy with but they are going to sort it out for me.
But on another note OH MY GOD this thing goes round corners fast. It's unbelievable the difference over my JCW clubman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk