Hello, newbie here....

A place to come on in, warm your feet by the fire, pour yourself a large house double, and say hello . Let us know as much and as little about yourself as you're prepared to put on a forum.
TheRogue

Hello, newbie here....

Post by TheRogue » Thu Mar 23 2017 - 2:51 pm

I just found this forum so 'hi'. I got my GP2 last August with just 14k miles. Love it. Just had major service at main dealer which was painless given the TLC plan in operation. They did need to replace something in connection with the AC, but even that was covered under dealer warranty, which I have also extended for extra 2 years. There is only 17k miles on her now even though she is my (not quite) daily driver.

I'm resisting the urge to modify because when I had a Focus RS2 it went on and on to the tune of over £10k. The wife was not happy! Plus, the GP2 works pretty well out of the box! Hi again guys and girls!

marchutch

Re: Hello, newbie here....

Post by marchutch » Thu Mar 23 2017 - 7:46 pm

Welcome to the club. I know what you're talking about when it comes to mods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRogue

Post by TheRogue » Thu Mar 23 2017 - 8:14 pm

marchutch wrote:
Thu Mar 23 2017 - 7:46 pm
Welcome to the club. I know what you're talking about when it comes to mods!

Having said that, Mini do a nifty little brake upgrade. Drilled and grooved discs (front only though) which look pretty wicked, pads etc. I'm tempted with that but would be more so if they did rears as well to even up the look.

marchutch

Post by marchutch » Fri Mar 24 2017 - 3:29 am

Don't bother upgrading the rears. It's not necessary and has the potential to upset the brake balance. Just my $0.02.
Having said which, I've shifted my balance forward a fair bit with a Brembo GT kit I think!

TheRogue

Post by TheRogue » Fri Mar 24 2017 - 9:59 am

marchutch wrote:
Fri Mar 24 2017 - 3:29 am
Don't bother upgrading the rears. It's not necessary and has the potential to upset the brake balance. Just my $0.02.
Having said which, I've shifted my balance forward a fair bit with a Brembo GT kit I think!
Oh I completely understand there being no need to upgrade the rears or Mini would provide an upgrade. I was talking more from an asthaetic point of view. I did think about going the whole hog with a big Brembo upgrade, but in fairness the existing breaks are pretty awesome? I do like the look of the drilled and / or grooved discs, so will inevitably do the fronts with the BMW option - that way the warranty etc is still valid. I've got over 2 yrs of it left so don't want to do anything drastic.

dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown » Fri Mar 24 2017 - 2:00 pm

GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

TheRogue

Post by TheRogue » Fri Mar 24 2017 - 3:30 pm

Erm, DW - I don't quite know what to say about this. I mean I am all for working on a budget but a line needs to be drawn. I would probably only go the whole hog or not at all. Wasn't it Paul Walker (Fast & Furious franchise, now deceased) who said "Go hard or go home!" :P :lol: :ugeek:

dwbrown
Site Admin

Post by dwbrown » Mon Mar 27 2017 - 1:59 pm

They have a certain level of naffness about them.... I'm surprised they're not sold in Halfrauds ! ;-)
GP1 (0385) "Brownz" - Mr Admin. AKA "The Gravelseeker"

Sean sheep

Post by Sean sheep » Mon Mar 27 2017 - 6:28 pm

Welcome along The Rogue
ex 0774 , ex 0797 , ex 1519 , ex 1732 All GP1's (Only sold because we emergrated)

LiamS77

Post by LiamS77 » Mon Mar 27 2017 - 10:08 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum.